Xiaomi made an announcement via its social media channels on Friday. The new Redmi 9A is set to launch in India on September 2. Also, the phone will be the third model in the Redmi 9 series in the country. The phone came in Malaysia in late June. The India-specific details of the Redmi 9A are not yet out!
Redmi 9A comes with a notch in waterdrop-style. Also, it has a single rear camera.
So, for the launch, Xiaomi will host a virtual event that will start at 12pm (noon) on September 2. Also, a microsite is also there on the company’s website Mi.com site. It shows September 4 as the first sale date of the Redmi 9A.
As per an earlier report, it was suggested that the phone could be rebranded in the country as the Redmi 9i.
expected price in India
The price of Redmi 9A is yet to be out. InMalaysia, it costs MYR 359 (roughly Rs. 6,400). The price is for a 2GB RAM + 32GB storage variant. For Indian market it could come in 4GB + 64GB and 4GB + 128GB options. As per report, it could come in Nature Green, Sea Blue, and Midnight Black colour options.
- The dual-SIM (Nano) Redmi 9A runs on Android 10 based on MIUI 11
- has a 6.53-inch HD+ (720x,1,600 pixels)
- Dot Drop display with a 20:9 aspect ratio
- Also, powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 SoC, paired with up to 3GB of RAM
- has a single, 13-megapixel rear camera sensor with an f/2.2 lens
- a 5-megapixel selfie camera sensor at the front, with an f/2.2 lens
- has a 5,000mAh battery with 10W fast charging support
- 32GB of internal storage.Also, Indian variant could come with up to 128GB of built-in storage.