The Prince Charles shared one of his favourite recipes, Cheesy Baked Eggs. He did this to celebrate the end of #BritishCheeseWeekender. And Yes, it looks delicious.
The recipe was published on the official Instagram page of Clarence House. Prince Charles encouraged people to “support British cheesemakers”.
“His Royal Highness has been Patron of the Speciality Cheesemakers Association since 1993,” an excerpt from the caption of the post reads. “One thing that undoubtedly brings many of us great comfort is good food. It is, therefore, deeply troubling to learn that this crisis risks destroying one of the most wonderful joys in life – British cheese,” the post said.
Adding “British cheesemakers need our support during this time of great uncertainty,”
Here’s the recipe of Cheesy Baked Eggs as shared by Prince Charles.
- 100g wilted spinach
- 1 cherry tomato or sundried tomatoes
- 35g strong soft cheese (Tunworth, Golden Cenarth or other strong soft cheese)
- 1 egg
- 80ml double cream
- 15g grated hard cheese (Old Winchester)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Charcuterie (optional)
- Use organic ingredients wherever possible, according to post.
- Butter a small ovenproof dish and line with wilted spinach, making a small well in the centre.
- Place the cherry tomato (quartered) or the sundried tomato (chopped) on top of the spinach.
- Dot the soft cheese around the dish amongst the tomatoes.Add the torn basil leaves. Optional: Add any charcuterie at this point.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into the centre of the spinach. Pour the double cream over the egg – avoid breaking the yolk.
- Sprinkle with grated hard cheese.
- Place in a hot oven (180 degree Celsius) for 8-10 minutes. Let it stand for a few minutes before eating.
The comments of the post read “This looks fab,”. Another user said, “Very good. Delicious.”
The #BritishCheeseWeekender concluded on May 10.