Oats are not only filling but also packed with nutrients and fiber. It can be taken in form of Chilla, Oatmeal and cookies ofcourse.
Ditch those sugary cookies and biscuits in your evening tea with Oatmeal cookies.
Here is an easy recipe to make and have it in your breakfast too.
- ½ cup (110 gm) butter, softened (60 gm) and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (100 gm) banana, sliced
- 1.5 cup (170 gm) rolled oats
- ¾ cup (110 gm) maida / plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda, tsp cinnamon powder and tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (80 gm) raisins / kishmish
- ¼ cup (50gm) choc bits
- In a large mixing bowl take ½ cup butter.
- add ½ cup brown sugar and beat well. you can alternatively use white sugar in place of brown sugar.
- further, add 1 banana and beat again.
- After then, 1.5 cup rolled oats and ¾ cup maida.
- also add ¼ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp cinnamon powder, ¼ tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- mix well and combine all ingredients.
- furthermore, add ½ cup raisins and ¼ cup choc chips. mix well
- pinch a ball sized dough and roll evenly.
- place the cookie ball a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten slightly.
- preheat and bake at 190 degree celsius for 10 minutes.
- the cookie will be soft initially. cool completely and the oatmeal cookie turns crisp and crunchy.
- finally, store the oat cookies in an airtight container and enjoy for a week.