We all have snacking habits. Then why not snack healthy? We all miss those McDonalds nuggets! Since the lockdown has extended and no scope of restaurants to get opened soon, here is a quick and healthy recipe to ca the crave.
The Sweet potato and chickpea nuggets are super healthy and a great snack to munch on.
Sweet Potato And Chickpea Nuggets
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh basil(10 g), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and onion powder
- ½ cup flour(60 g)
- In a small bowl, combine water and flax meal, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- After that, take a large saucepan bring 6 cups (1 ½ L) of water to a boil, then add sweet potatoes. Cook until they are tender, about 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a food processor, combine the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, basil, flax egg, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and flour, and pulse until combined. Add the bread crumbs and mix.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take about 1 tablespoon worth of mixture and form it into a nugget with your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown.
- Or, pan fry with a small drizzle of oil over medium-high heat until both sides are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes.