The nationwide lockdown now extends until May 31. The government announced on Sunday. The guidelines for the new lockdown have some or more relaxations. There have been 3 phases of lockdown till now.
The prohibited activities include-
- domestic and international air travel,
- metro rail services,
- schools and colleges,
- hotels and restaurants,
- cinema halls, malls, gyms, swimming pools,
- and religious and social gatherings of all kinds.
Also, the inter-state travel on cars or buses is allowed.The movement of between 7pm and 7am still remains prohibited, except for essential services.
With ease in the restrictions, government has left it up to states and union territories to decide the movements in their areas. Also, the states are told to list out the containment, buffer, red, orange and green zones.
Containment zones will still have no activity expect essentials.
The activities are:
- Domestic and international air travel, except for medical, security or emergency purposes
- Metro rail services
- Schools, colleges, coaching institutions
- Hotels and restaurants, except those engaged in helping. They can open kitchens for delivery purpose only.
- Cinema halls, shopping malls, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and other similar places.
- Sports complexes and stadiums can open but with no audience.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious gatherings and other remain banned .
- Weddings can be done with up to 50 guests. And not more than 20 attendees should be there for Funeral.
- All places of worship will remain closed.
By limiting and allowing certain services, the rest lies on the states and UT to decide. They can choose what to allow and what not.
According to new guidelines, some other services may also be resumed. These include, salons and barber shops, taxis and rickshaws, public transport (except metros).
Also, e-commerce can open for both essential and non-essential items unless the states or UT prohibits.
Inter-state movement of people is also possible now, if both the states agree. With only a third of the staff attending the office, it may reopen with full capacity. Though, the government has advised to work from home as long as possible.
The new guidelines may way for many activities to resume. Also, this lockdown provides more authority to states and UT.