Few days back, Facebook and Reliance signed a $5.7 billion deal of JioMart. The service has gone live on WhatsApp in some areas of Mumbai. These include Navi Mumbai, Kalyan and Thane.
Under the deal there are lacs of of small stores and Kiryana stores that will provide essential goods. Customers will place order through Whatsapp. This will allow users to place the order in online order in online online but pay at the store.
See the steps to place the order:
- Add JioMart’s WhatsApp number 88500 08000 to their contacts.
- After adding, you are required to send a message to the JioMart number. Type “Hi”.
- JioMart will then reply with the shopping link along with a message that reads “Welcome to JioMart WhatsApp Order Booking Service”.
- The shopping link will be only active for 30 minutes. To generate a new link, a customer will have to send a fresh message.
- On clicking the link, you will be redirected to page that would ask for your personal details like mobile number, area, locality etc.
- Enter the details and submit. After that, the new page with the grocery items listed vertically will appear. You can add the items to your cart.
- After generating the order, JioMart will send an invoice along with the grocery store’s address and location on Google Maps.
- You will recieve an SMS from the store when the order is ready. They can go and pick up the order from the store and pay there itself.
- One can place the orders by 7 PM every day so that their nearest grocery store can keep it ready in the next two days. No minimum or maximum limit is there.
The media joint Facebook has 9.99% equity stake on a fully diluted basis. It has invested $5.7 billion in jio platforms.
On this deal, Mukesh Ambani said “The synergy between Jio and Facebook will help realize Digital India Mission with its two ambitious goals — Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business for every single category of Indian people without exception. In the post-Corona era, I am confident of India’s economic recovery and resurgence in the shortest period of time. The partnership will surely make an important contribution to this transformation.”