We all have loved Dhoklas since ages. It is a Gujarati cuisine, a mixture of sweet and sour. Have you thought about Healthy Oats Dhokla ? A much healthier version of the original Dhokla. Why not develop some healthy habits in the Lockdown and take benefit of it?
Here is a recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Read Below and surprise your family with a good breakfast.
Healthy Oats Dhokla Recipe
- Oats Flour 50 grams
- Gram Flour 200 gram
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda 1½ teaspoons
- Citric acid 1½ teaspoons
- Rice bran oil 5-6 tbsps + for greasing
- Asafoetida ½ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1½ teaspoons
- Green chillies Chopped 3-4
- Curry leaves 16-20
- Sugar 4 tablespoon
- Put gram flour, oats flour, yogurt, sugar, baking soda and citric acid in a bowl, add sufficient water and mix till smooth.
- Add 3-4 tbsps rice bran oil and mix.
- Heat sufficient water in a steamer.
- Grease the dhokla plates with a little oil. Pour the batter into the plates and fit them into the stand.
- After that, keep the stand in the steamer and steam for 15-20 minutes. Take the stand out and remove the plates. Cut the dhokla into squares but do not separate them.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan, add asafoetida, mustard seeds and green chillies and saute till the seeds splutter. Add curry leaves and pour this mixture over the dhokla in each plate.
- In the same pan, cook sugar with ½ cup water till sugar melts. Pour the syrup over the dhokla and set aside till the syrup is completely absorbed.
- Separate the dhokla squares and serve.
Also, For more recipes, Follow FJK.city/Food.