Google Meet gets integrated with the Gmail accounts in India. On the left side, you will see the Meet option. Under it, Meet you will find two options “Start a Meeting and Join a Meeting”.
The premium Meet app was announced free for all users few days ago. Google Meet is more convenient to use. You can now access it from your gmail account.
Also, if you do not have an Gmail account, you can still access the meeting app. This is done by your Google account itself. One doesn’t need a Gmail account to create a Google account.
Steps to start a video call on google meet:
- You will find the Google Meet section right below the Drafts. Below it, you will find two options “Start a Meeting and Join a Meeting”.
- After clicking on Start a Meeting, it will ask for permission to access your laptop’s camera and microphone.
- Once everything is setup, you will get a message saying that Meeting is ready.
- After that, it will ask whether you want to join a call or give a presentation.
- If you click on Join Now, a new pop-up window with a link to video chat. Now you either send the link or manually add participants.
- You can also join a meeting by entering the Meeting ID provided to you by the host.
- Also, Google Meet has some advanced features. For instance, scheduling and sharing screen, real-time captions, and layouts that you can choose as per your requirement and more.