Bored of Indian eatings? Why not try some famous Arab cuisine. Check down to see the recipe of Falafel.
Falafel is one of the popular deep fried snack from the middle east or arab cuisine and is served with hummus or tahini sauce.
- 1 cup chickpea / kabuli chana
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- fistful coriander leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maida / plain flour / refined flour / all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- oil for deep frying
- soak 1 cup of chickpea with enough water for overnight.
- next day, drain off the water and transfer to a bowl or food processor.
- Also Add in ½ onion, fistful coriander leaves, 2 cloves garlic, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp pepper, crushed, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Add in 2 tbsp maida.
- blend in a food processor without adding any water.
- After that, add in baking soda and mix well.
- now wet your hands and prepare small sized balls. if the dough is sticking to hands then add a tbsp more of maida and mix well.
- After that, deep fry the balls in hot oil.
- also stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium.
- once the falafel turns golden brown, drain off on to the kitchen paper.
- finally, serve falafel hot with hummus or sauce of your choice.
Recipe credit: hebbarskitchen.com