If you love travelling to hills, but hate long travels, then this is a great information for you. Now, travelling from Delhi to Dehradun is all set to become faster. The travel time between the two cities will reduce by almost four hours. This will be because of the new expressway.
According to reports, the Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari recently made an announcement. There are approvals that the new Delhi-Dehradun expressway, which will see an investment of INR 13000 cr. As per him, the expressway would have 10 elevated roads. Also, the distance between the two cities will be down to just 2.5 hours.
As per reports, the expressway will likely be operational in two years from now. Adding, the Transport Ministry said that the work currently is under progress. It will be the country’s first highway that will feature a 12 km elevated corridor for wildlife protection.
- The expressway will reduce the distance between the two cities by 20 km. Also, the travel time will reduce to just 2.5 hours from 6.5 hours now. The minimum speed would be 100 km/hour.
- It will feature 10 elevated roads, and a 12 km long elevated corridor for protecting wildlife.
- Also, at every 25-30 km, there will be amenities available. Closed toll mechanism would be there to enable pay toll only to the extent of highway use.
- It will boost economy in Uttarakhand.
- The entire stretch from Akshardham in Delhi to Dehradun will be divided into four different sections.
For more travel updates, visit FJK.city.