Since ages, we all have been baking Chocolate cakes, Fruit cakes, Vanilla cakes and many more. But have you ever heard Garam Masala Cake? Strange no?
Vikas Khanna has worked his way up to be one of New York City’s top-rated chefs with several restaurants around the world, including the Michelin-starred Junoon. He has written several cookbooks as well. For instance, Bliss of Spices:The Essence of Indian Kitchen, Everyone can Cook and many more.
Chef Vikas Khanna has come up with an all new twist to the cake. He came up with a Chocolate Garam Masala Cake, a fusion of chocolate and spices.
Chocolate Garam Masala Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup ghee/room temperature
- 1/2 cup, scant brown sugar
- 3-4 tsp Greek yoghurt as required to bring the dough together
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the whole wheat flour, garam masala powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour mix to the clarified butter & pulse briefly to mix.
- Tip in the sugar, pulse. Also, add the Greek yoghurt, a spoon at a time, and pulse briefly to make a firm yet pliable dough.
- Allow resting for 30 minutes wrapped in cling wrap.
- After that, Roll out to ¼” thickness & cut with desired cookie cutters.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till they smell done and the edges start turning golden brown.
- Cool on cookie racks.