Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu made an announcement on the reopening of the state to visitors. Also, makes a request to follow the new normal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
In the tweet, Khandu states, “Arunachal Pradesh opens today to welcome tourists. Get mesmerized by its beauty and rejuvenated by the purity of its nature. Those who dreamt—it’s time to explore.”
Rules while visiting:
1. As per the SOP, the package tours that has pre-booking, done exclusively via local tours operators of the state can operate. Also, the ground handling and tourist transport services, including pick up/drop, will also be authorized via local travel tour/agent operators.
2. There is a requirement of Inner Line Permit (ILP) to visit the state. For this, visitors will need to provide four other additional documents. These include tour itineraries and vehicle details, COVID-19 certificate, tour booking slips, and details of the guide and driver.
3. Also, Tourists should possess a valid COVID-19 negative certificate. The laboratory should have a designation from ICMR. The time period should not be more than 72 hours prior to the date of arrival, as per a notification.
4. All tourists, accompanying drivers and guides from outside the state should follow the COVID-19 inter-state traveller testing protocol.
5. Also, as per the protocol, tourists should follow social distancing norms. Family groups can stay together but they would have to make sure to remain 2 m away from others.
6. Visitors should wear protective face masks when they are within the premises of any tourist destination. Also, all payments should be via digital mode, wherever possible.
7. Aarogya Setu app is compulsory for visitors, including tour guides and drivers.
For more travel updates, visit FJK.city.